You will read, more than once, that weighing yourself everyday is a very bad idea. Most say it is not good because your weight fluctuates and you will get discouraged. Most recommend weighing once a week or once a month.
Now, with me, I NEED to weigh myself everyday. It is a reminder of my goal to lose weight. It has become routine… I wake u, take a bath, then weigh myself before I even put on my deodorant.
Weighing myself everyday has taught me how my body works with regards to weight fluctuation. I have knowledge on what happens when I eat a certain way in a week and what happens when I exercise consistently in a week.
Let’s compare last week and this week.
I ate very well and has NO alcohol between Monday and Thursday. I walked home everyday and only went to the gym on Thursday. And the scale rewarded me. I started off at 88.2kg, and by Saturday morning I was at 87.5kg… the lowest I have been in MONTHS!!!!
I went to the gym on Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday… However, I ate quite a bit. Actually, I did not eat a lot, but had bad meal choices. I also had quite a lot of sweets through out the week. I started the week at 88.0kg… Friday I am at 88.9kg.
Through out the week I was conscious of the weight creeping up and because of that, am making conscious decisions to eat better this weekend. Also, That weight creeping up motivated me to go to the gym everyday this week.
This weight gain has shown me, ONCE AGAIN that slip-ups lead to weight gain. I CAN NOT eat whatever I want. I NEED to make better food choices.
Also, my experience has shown that exercise helps me to maintain a certain weight, even if I have been eating a bit badly.
I am a person who
thinks BELIEVES that they eat healthy most of the time. I believe that 70% of the time I eat well, with a large portion of the other 30% being wine tendencies.
If I weighed myself once a month, and see no changes or weight gain, I’d get disheartened. I’m a person who always wants to feel in control… and daily weighing helps me do this.